- TRANSFER NEWS: Lacazette, Rooney, Griezmann, Lukaku, Bakayoko
- English Premier League: What Difference Has Changing Managers Had This Season?
- Germany vs England: Can England Win Again On German Soil?
- Marshawn Lynch: A Return to the Raiders
- World Baseball Classic: USA vs Puerto Rico Finals Preview
- NFL Draft Scouting Report: Joe Mixon
- Bastian Schweinsteiger is to join Chicago Fire
- Manchester United Close Gap On Top 4
- Ryan Newman Wins Camping World 500
- Washington Capitals Clinch Playoff Berth
ROH World Champion Adam Cole on possibly joining the WWE
- Updated: March 10, 2017
Before the Ring of Honor 15th Anniversary Pay Per View, current Ring of Honor World Champion Adam Cole commented on multiple topics on SI.com, including the possibility of him signing with the WWE.
Cole, a three time ROH World Champion, has been linked to the WWE at various times. But before recently, they never felt as more than just rumors. With the recent success of former ROH stars like Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins and Daniel Bryan (not to mention CM Punk) that have had success in the WWE; it is no secret that ROH has become a feeder system of sorts for Triple H’s NXT.
Could Cole actually leave?
Cole, who is still under contract with ROH, didn’t deny that he would like to be in the WWE one day. But, as you might expect, he shot down the rumor in the short term.
“That question comes up all the time,” Cole said. “To be honest, it’s a question I’ve dealt with, pretty consistently, since 2012. A lot of people have entertained the idea of me leaving; or going to WWE or me leaving for NXT, so that question comes up quite a bit for me.”
But that doesn’t mean that he hasn’t thought about the WWE.
“I answer truthfully, as the fact of the matter is I am still under contract with Ring of Honor,” Cole said. “For me, I focus so much on what I have in front of me; as opposed to my future. I don’t know if that will hurt me or help me; but I can’t think six months, nine months, or a year ahead from now.”
Recently there have been rumors that both Cole and Kyle O’Reilly will be making the jump to NXT as soon as April. While that remains to be seen, the fact that Cole hasn’t shut the rumors down like many of his ROH peers in the past have, may be telling.
Follow the writer: @Just_JoshG