- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
Nemanja Vidic Announces Retirement
- Updated: January 29, 2016
Manchester, England – Former Manchester United longtime defender Nemanja Vidic has released a statement through the club’s website announcing his retirement from soccer.
“The time has come for me to hang up my boots,” said Vidic. “The injuries I have had in the last few years have taken their toll.
“I would like to thank all the players I have played with, all the managers and staff I have worked with, and say a big ‘thank you’ to the fans for their support over the years.”
The Serb, who won five Premier League titles and the Champions League in his eight-year spell at Old Trafford, says injuries have forced his retirement.
Vidic joined Inter Milan on a free transfer in July 2014 and made 28 appearances for Roberto Mancini’s side in his first season, but did not feature for the Nerazzurri this campaign following surgery on a hernia in August.
Since, the 34-year-old left Inter Milan by mutual consent at the beginning of January after failing to make an appearance for the Serie A side this season.