- WWE Booking Killing Viewership
- Why the NHL should revert its Playoff Format
- The Redskins Land the Steal of the First Round in Jonathan Allen
- Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Race Preview
- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Payback 2017 Preview
- Babcock, McLellan, Tortorella named Jack Adams Award Finalists
Porto Finds Replacement For Iker Casillas
- Updated: January 26, 2016
Porto, Portugal – The poor performance by goalkeepers Iker Casillas and Helton at goal, have taken Porto to sign Jose Sa from Maritimo and starter for Portugal international team sub-21 to its roster.
Casillas signed with the Dragoes for two seasons with an optional year, but Porto’s intentions are to terminate the contract this summer due to his low performance and high salary.
Porto believes that it was a terrible mistake to have signed Casillas this past summer as he has not lived to his expectations and the operation was a huge financial outlay for the Portuguese club.
To make matters worse, the failure of Casillas in a match against Vitoria Guimaraes made headlines in every newspaper in Portugal, calling him “butter hands”.
In addition, his poor performance has also taken a toll on his participation with the Spanish international team as Spain Boss Vicente Del Bosque has gone on record to say that Casillas is not guaranteed a place in Spain’s Euro 2016 squad.
‘We have players in mind, but there is no definitive list. Not until May 17th, when we hand in the list. That will be the day when people find out. Let’s hope we get it right with most of them,” said Del Bosque.
The veteran goalie wanted to conclude his international career in this year’s Euro cup which will take place in France.
Casillas move to the Major League Soccer is nearing and its closer than expected.