- WWE Booking Killing Viewership
- Why the NHL should revert its Playoff Format
- The Redskins Land the Steal of the First Round in Jonathan Allen
- Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Race Preview
- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Payback 2017 Preview
- Babcock, McLellan, Tortorella named Jack Adams Award Finalists
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid Handed Transfer Bans
- Updated: January 14, 2016
Madrid, Spain – The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has sanctioned Spanish clubs Real Madrid and Atletico Mardid for breaches relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.
Both clubs have been banned from registering players for the next two transfer windows. As of now, Atletico is said to appeal the sanction.
The ban does not cover the current January transfer window, in which case, you will see an extra load of signings by both clubs in the next 18 days. The next two transfer windows are July/August 2016 and January 2017.
A similar situation occurred to another Spanish giant, Barcelona. Their ban was recently lift in December. They bought Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal in the summer of 2015, though both players were prevented from playing until the current window opened in January 2016.
The clubs were also fined, Atletico 900,000 Swiss francs while Real were told to pay 360,000.
“Our club is not in agreement with the sanction from international football’s governing body and will study all the documentation we’ve received to present an appeal against the sanction,” said an Atletico statement.
Real Madrid have yet to comment.
This may affect the exits and signings of hopeful players like David DeGea who didn’t exit Manchester United after a debacle of a transfer deadline story, and the exit of Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo who had been rumored to want exit Real previous to Zinedine Zidane becoming the manager of the club. Others who had been rumored to exit were Antoine Grizmann, whom has been rumored to move to Chelsea.