- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
WWE Signs Top NJPW Stars
- Updated: January 13, 2016
WWE Signs Top NJPW Stars, three finishing up after WrestleKingdom 10, one on the way.
Leave it to the WWE to go for broke in signing top talents to their already stocked roster. The WWE is said to have signed former IWGP & TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson, and former IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura.
The four informed New Japan booker Gedo the morning of WrestleKingdom 10 that they were finishing up with the company after the show. Nakamura is slated to start working with the company sometime in the first quarter, most likely in February or March.
Nakamura was striped of the IWGP IC title this week, and is set to head to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando for a few weeks to work out, and for medical testing. If cleared, he would be able to sign with the company.
There is a belief that Styles and Nakamura could go directly to the main roster, although nothing has been set in stone, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows could be NXT bound. For Gallows, it’s a return to the company that brought him to the world stage a few years back, first as “Festus”, then as “Luke Gallows”, while part of CM Punk‘s “Straight Edge Society “.
Anderson was originally in talks with TNA about a possible run with the company, but the WWE deal was put on the table before the company could sign him. For Styles, him signing gives the WWE a good number of dream match scenarios which to use him in, as well as giving fans of the WWE a taste of a feud with Samoa Joe.
For Nakamura, it brings him to a broader audience to showcase his talent.
We will bring you more on this story shortly.
Follow us on Twitter: @ThaSJ101
Follow the writer: @GregNecroBlack
Photo by Greg Tingle, via Flickr.