- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
Adam Johnson Pleads Guilty To Sexual Activity With Child In England
- Updated: February 10, 2016
Bradford, England – Sunderland winger Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one charge of grooming.
At a Bradford Crown Court, Johnson also denied two charges of sexual activity with a girl aged under 16.
The 28-year-old from Castle Eden, County Durham, who has 12 England caps, was arrested in March 2015.
His case is due to be formally opened on Friday.
Judge Jonathan Rose told the jury of six men and six women: “You may see reference to this in the press but it’s the evidence in court that you will gather.
“This defendant has already pleaded guilty to two offenses, you will hear more about them in detail when Miss Blackwell opens the case to you on Friday.”
He said they must come to a decision on the remaining two charges.
“It will be for you and only you to determine if he is guilty or not guilty.”
Johnson was born in Sunderland, beginning his career at Middlesborough before moving to Manchester City and then on to Sunderland for 10 million sterling in 2012.