- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
Jason Garrison out 3-5 weeks
- Updated: February 11, 2016
Tampa Bay Lightning defenceman Jason Garrison is expected to miss 3-5 weeks with a lower body injury. Garrison left the teams 5-1 loss on Monday after just 4 minutes of ice time with an injury. He then didnt play Tuesday night, raising questions if the injury was more serious then originally expected.
Garrison has not missed a game this season, appearing in all 52 of the teams games. He only has 4 goals and 3 assists on the season, but head coach Jon Cooper says he has a much bigger impact than his contribution, or lack of contribution, offesivley. “Thats a touch one too, becasue hes a big minute-munching defenseman for us. A big body and size.” Cooper told reporters about his impact on the team. Garrison is third on the team in ice time with just over 18 minutes per game. He is also second on the team in blocked shots, 76, and hits, 69.
Defenceman Matt Carle is expected to have a larger role on the 8th ranked defense in the league while Garrison is out. The Lighting called up defenceman Slater Koekkoek from their AHL affiliate, the Syracuse Crunch. Slater played 3 games for the Lightning last season and one this season, spending most of his time in the AHL.