- WWE Booking Killing Viewership
- Why the NHL should revert its Playoff Format
- The Redskins Land the Steal of the First Round in Jonathan Allen
- Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Race Preview
- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Payback 2017 Preview
- Babcock, McLellan, Tortorella named Jack Adams Award Finalists
Sunderland Terminates Contract With Troubled Adam Johnson
- Updated: February 11, 2016
Sunderland, England – In a statement released by the club, Sunderland announced that it had terminated its contract with troubled soccer player Adam Johnson after pleading guilty to sexual activity with a child.
“In light of Adam Johnson’s guilty pleas, the club has today terminated his contract with immediate effect.
The club will make no further comment.”
He will stand trial on Friday on two further counts of sexual activity with a child, which he denies.
Sportswear firm Adidas has cancelled its contract with the midfielder.
When asked about the winger’s future at a news conference earlier on Thursday, Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce said: “He’ll not be available for this weekend. We will see how it goes after that.”
Johnson’s trial, to be held at Bradford Crown Court, is expected to last two weeks.