- WWE Booking Killing Viewership
- Why the NHL should revert its Playoff Format
- The Redskins Land the Steal of the First Round in Jonathan Allen
- Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Race Preview
- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Payback 2017 Preview
- Babcock, McLellan, Tortorella named Jack Adams Award Finalists
Tokyo Sexwale Ends FIFA’s Presidential Race
- Updated: February 26, 2016
Zurich, Switzerland – South African businessman Tokyo Sexwale has withdrawn from the FIFA Presidential Election.
Sexwale made announcement a short while ago during the first round of voting in Zurich.
“You don’t have to elect me as president. I have a surprise for you; my campaign ends today and I suspend my participation. I leave only four people, it’s your problem now. Tokyo Sexwale will not go further to cause division because I am a candidate for bringing people together.”
Sexwale delivered his speech before the congress in Zurich, speaking after the other four candidates in the running for the governing body’s top job.
Sexwale says he does not want to be part of a division in FIFA.
“So out of the four, decide which one we will elect as president and I will serve under that person. One day I hope we will elect a woman.”
Sexwale did not have any luck getting the support from his own continent as the Confederation of African Football (CAF) snubbed Sexwale, opting to give its support to Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al Khalifa for FIFA president.