- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
Former England International Adam Johnson Sentenced On Child Sexual Activity
- Updated: March 24, 2016
Bradford, England – Former England International Adam Johnson is expected to be sentenced and jailed later today for engaging in sexual activity with a 15-year-old fan.
Johnson was told by a judge he faced a “substantial prison sentence” after he was found guilty of one offense of sexual activity with a child by a jury at Bradford Crown Court earlier this month.
The 28-year-old had already admitted to another count of the same offense and also grooming the girl, who idolized the former Sunderland and Manchester City player.
The jury heard how the player began exchanging hundreds of messages with the girl on social media at New Year 2015. He eventually agreed to meet her to sign football shirts. But it was when they met for a second time that he asked for his “thank you kiss”.
After the trial ended, several pundits erupted over just how much Sunderland knew about the case when they let him play on before finally sacking him earlier this year after his guilty please.
The club later said it was “so very sorry” for letting down their 15-year-old fan after chief executive Margaret Byrne resigned.
The player – who was capped 12 times for England – has a one-year-old daughter with Stacey Flounders, who supported him during the court case but who told the jury they were now just friends.