- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
Predators can Clinch Playoff Spot Tonight
- Updated: March 29, 2016
Nashville needs Win over Dallas, Help from St. Louis to get in Tonight
DALLAS-Last night, the San Jose Sharks became the seventh team, and sixth from the Western Conference, to clinch a spot in the 2016 playoffs. Tonight, the Nashville Predators have a chance to join that group. They will need some help, though, to get there.
A win over the Dallas Stars and a Colorado Avalanche loss in regulation will put the Predators in the playoff for the second straight season.
Nashville enters tonight’s action sitting comfortably in the first wild card spot in the Western Conference, six points ahead of the Minnesota Wild. However, the Predators are still within striking distance of third place in the Central Division, just four points behind the Chicago Blackhawks.
It won’t be an easy task tonight for Nashville, though. They visit a Stars team that is in first place in their division and the conference. Dallas is also the highest scoring team in the West, having scored 247 goals in 76 games.
As mentioned earlier, the Predators will also need help tonight in order to clinch a playoff spot. Should Nashville defeat the Stars in any manner, the Avalanche would need to lose to the St. Louis Blues in regulation to assure the Predators a spot in the playoffs for the ninth time in franchise history.
Photo Credit: Dinur/via flickr.com