- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
A’Shawn Robinson Selected 46th In The 2016 NFL Draft
- Updated: April 29, 2016
NFL: A’Shawn Robinson
With the 46th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions have selected Defensive Tackle A’Shawn Robinson from University of Alabama.
Standing 6’3″ and weighing in at 307 pounds, this 21-year-old comes into the NFL after finishing an illustrious career with the Crimson Tide. He was a five-star recruit coming out of Texas. He played as a true freshman and led the team with 5 sacks.
Robinson finished his Crimson Tide career with 133 tackles, 22 tackles for loss, 9 sacks, and 1 forced fumble. He was a Freshman All-American and First Team All-SEC in his junior year. He decided to forego his senior year for the NFL draft.
While A’Shawn is sound as a hitter, he is sometimes plays uptight off the snap. He relies a lot on his upper body strength. He can get caught looking in the backfield. He does struggle to put together moves as a pass rusher. He needs to show more purpose and strategy to his rush.
A’Shawn is sound at the point of attack and will thrive on the next level. He has potential to succeed with the Lions and should be an immediate help as a run-stuffing, 2 gap defensive lineman.