- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
Blues, Edmundson Agree to Contract Extension
- Updated: April 8, 2016
Rookie Defenseman signs Two-Year Extension with Team
NHL: Edmundson Contract
ST. LOUIS-The St. Louis Blues find themselves in a battle with the Dallas Stars for first place in the Central Division and the Western Conference. Friday, though, they took the time to reward one of their young defenseman with a contract extension.
Rookie Joel Edmundson agreed to a two-year extension with the Blues, with a reported cap hit of $1.05 million.
Edmundson has played in 66 games with St. Louis this season, his first in the NHL. The 22-year-old has tallied a goal and nine points in those games.
With Edmundson’s extension, St. Louis currently has all eight of its defensemen signed through at least next season. This now creates an interesting scenario for the Blues.
Blue liner Kevin Shattenkirk, one of St. Louis key guys on the back end, is set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season. With the Blues having already re-signed the rest of their defensive corps, and giving high-scoring forward Vladimir Tarasenko a whopping eight-year, $60 million extension last summer, it looks like Shattenkirk may have to find a new place to call home.
Photo Credit: Dinur/via flickr.com