- WWE Booking Killing Viewership
- Why the NHL should revert its Playoff Format
- The Redskins Land the Steal of the First Round in Jonathan Allen
- Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Race Preview
- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Payback 2017 Preview
- Babcock, McLellan, Tortorella named Jack Adams Award Finalists
BREAKING: Tony Stewart To Return This Weekend At Richmond
- Updated: April 21, 2016
After missing the first eight races of the Sprint Cup season with a fractured back, Tony Stewart will return to the No. 14 Chevrolet this weekend at Richmond International Raceway.
During a series of interviews Wednesday morning for a media availability, Stewart had said he felt great but was waiting on the results of back scans “at the end of the month” to evaluate the progress of his healing. The results of those scans were favorable.
In a Stewart-Haas Racing release shortly after the announcement by Stewart on Twitter, the team announced Stewart would race at Richmond and drive in a Goodyear tire test next week at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He will start the May 2 race at Talladega Superspeedway before turning the No. 14 Chevy over to Ty Dillon. He will return full-time at Kansas Speedway in the next race.
Additionally, Tony Stewart has been granted a Chase waiver by NASCAR. He must finish 30th in points with one win after the fall Richmond race to be eligible for the 16 driver playoff.