- WWE Booking Killing Viewership
- Why the NHL should revert its Playoff Format
- The Redskins Land the Steal of the First Round in Jonathan Allen
- Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Race Preview
- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Payback 2017 Preview
- Babcock, McLellan, Tortorella named Jack Adams Award Finalists
Joey Bosa Selected 3rd Overall in NFL Draft
- Updated: April 28, 2016
NFL: Joey Bosa
With the 3rd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers have selected Defensive End Joey Bosa from the University of Ohio State.
Standing at 6’5″ and weighing in at 270 pounds, this 20 year old has potential to be an end rusher that makes tackles around the league lose sleep on Saturday nights.
Bosa has football blood from his father, John Bosa, and his uncle, Eric Kumerow, both high draft picks by the Dolphins in the late 80s.
Joey was a 4 star prospect coming into his senior year, schools such as Alabama, Notre Dame, and Florida State highly recruited him. He choose Ohio State, and as a true freshman, he started 10 times, with 7.5 sacks.
Bosa’s sophomore year he came out in style, winning multiple All American’s and the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year award. Joey was also named a finalist for the Lombardi Award, Outland Trophy, and Ted Hendricks Award, 3 very prestigious defensive awards. He ended the year with 13.5 sacks.
Joey’s junior year has been ridiculed as mediocre by some, because his sacks decreased by 8.5 (to 5) Even so, the coaches still awarded him Big 10 Defensive Lineman of the Year, even if it was only because of Bosa’s name recognition.