- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
Oakland Athletics minor leaguer Sean Murphy dies at 27
- Updated: April 26, 2016
The Passing of Sean Murphy
Some very sad news has been delivered by the MLB. Oakland A’s minor league pitcher Sean Murphy has unexpected passed away at the age of 27. No other details have been given.
Murphy pitched 6 seasons in the farm system after being drafted in 2010. He has pitched most of his career in AA, posting a career 4.26 ERA. Murphy needed Tommy John Surgery at the end of the 2014 season, which then caused him to miss the to rehab. Just 2 months ago, Murphy tested positive for banned substances so he was handed a 50 game suspension. The MLB stated that it was not performance enhancing drugs, so he could have had some problems with “drugs of abuse” which include anything from Marijuana to Heroin.
Billy Beane was interviewed regarding the passing of Murphy and here are his comments:
“The A’s are deeply saddened by the tragic loss of Sean Murphy. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.”
Sean Murphy was taken from us far too soon at the age of 27.