- WWE Booking Killing Viewership
- Why the NHL should revert its Playoff Format
- The Redskins Land the Steal of the First Round in Jonathan Allen
- Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Race Preview
- Haason Reddick Selected 13th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- DeShaun Watson Selected 12th Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Corey Davis Selected Fifth Overall In The 2017 NFL Draft
- Mitch Trubisky Selected With Second Overall Pick by the Chicago Bears
- Payback 2017 Preview
- Babcock, McLellan, Tortorella named Jack Adams Award Finalists
Yaya Toure Set To Miss Real Madrid Clash
- Updated: April 25, 2016
Manchester, England – Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure will miss the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid, City boss Manuel Pellegrini confirmed Monday.
Toure suffered a muscle injury in City’s 4-0 win over Stoke City on Saturday and has not recovered sufficiently. Toure did complete the game but Pellegrini has suggested that the Ivorian will be forced to sit against City boss former club.
Pellegrini said at his Monday news conference: “Yaya is going to be out, I think. He has not recovered from the muscle injury.”
He also had to sit out training on Monday ahead of the clash at Etihad Stadium on Tuesday.
The Chilean boss also confirmed his confidence in Fernando and Fernandinho, who will likely anchor the midfield in Toure’s absence.
“Whenever the Brazilian boys have played together they’ve played some big games – against PSG and against Roma when we knocked them out.”
The lost of the Ivorian midfielder hasn’t been a great deal in last couple of weeks, however, Toure’s class on the pitch will definitely be missed. Toure has netted eight times in 44 appearances in all competitions this season.
Not to say the least, Real Madrid is also in the trenches with a Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo suffering from injuries.