- Player Interview: Punter Matt Haack
- 2016 Brian Piccolo Award Recipients: Rookie Jordan Howard and Veteran Josh Bellamy
- Player Interview: Defensive Lineman Brandon Tamsett
- Monday Night RAW Review: Highlights, Matches, and Winners
- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
- Are the Hardy Boyz the Greatest Tag Team of All Time?
- Gibson Rebounds, Ducks Sweep Flames
- UEFA Champions Semifinal Draw, When? Where? Time?
- Game 4 Preview-Capitals vs. Leafs
Barcelona Announces Rakuten as Next Official Shirt Sponsor
- Updated: November 16, 2016
Rakuten has been named as FC Barcelona’s new official shirt sponsor
Barcelona, Spain – Rakuten, a Japanese electronic commerce and Internet company based in Tokyo, is the new sponsor for Barcelona’s first team shirt, the club announced.
In addition to becoming the shirt sponsor, Rakuten will also be the main global sponsor of Barcelona after striking a deal worth 55 million euros, plus incentives worth 1.5 million euros to win La Liga, and 5 million euros if the club captures another Champions League crown.
The agreement between the two sides will come into effect on July 1, 2017.
In a statement, team president team president Josep Maria Bartomeu said:
This agreement puts us at the forefront of sports club sponsorships, which has always been an objective for the current Board of Directors. We hope this partnership between Rakuten and FC Barcelona brings unparalleled sporting and commercial success, and helps the club achieve its goal of being a reference point worldwide.
Qatar Airways has been a staple on Barcelona shirts since 2013. The latest agreement, which was signed last summer, expires June 31, 2017.