- Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling Announce Merging
- Player Interview: Offensive Lineman Sam Hahn
- Are the Hardy Boyz the Greatest Tag Team of All Time?
- Gibson Rebounds, Ducks Sweep Flames
- UEFA Champions Semifinal Draw, When? Where? Time?
- Game 4 Preview-Capitals vs. Leafs
- Matt Anoa’i – April 7, 1970 – April 17, 2017
- Ducks Rally from 3-Goal Deficit to grab 3-0 Series Lead
- John Terry to Leave Chelsea at the End of the Season
- Leafs vs. Capitals Game 3 Preview
La Liga: Rafinha to miss rest of the season
- Updated: April 7, 2017
Barcelona midfielder Rafinha to miss rest of the season with knee injury
Barcelona, Spain – Barcelona’s midfielder Rafinha to miss rest of the season with knee injury. The Brazilian will miss four months of action, missing a push for a treble with the club.
After undergoing surgery on Friday, the club confirmed that the Brazilian will not play again in the current campaign in a statement later on in the day.
It read: “At midday on Friday local time the first team player Rafinha underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee to resolve an injury to the internal meniscus. The operation was carried out by Dr.Ramon Cugat and Dr.Ricard Pruna. The player will be out for around four months.”
The 24-year-old had become a key player for Barcelona boss Luis Enrique. It had also been his best season to date for the Catalan side in terms of goals, scoring seven times in 28 appearances in all competitions this season.
However, Rafinha has an unfortunate history of knee injuries having missed the majority of last season to cruciate ligament damage. Rafinha was replaced after just 17 minutes of Barcelona’s 4-1 win at Granada on Sunday. Subsequently missed the 3-0 La Liga victory against Sevilla in midweek.
Therefore, Rafinha will not return until August, in time for pre-season training for a month. Without doubt another blow to a player who has had little luck with injuries.
With Aleix Vidal, also out due to injury, Luis Enrique may revert to the 4-3-3 set-up instead of the 3-4-3 he used against PSG.